Boardmasters To Donate £100k and North Devon Becomes World Surfing Reserve
Main photo credit Lugarts/Longboarder Magazine
Welcome to our latest drop of surfing news from around the UK. A couple of big wins in today's blog.
North Devon Becomes 12th World Surfing Reserve
North Devon has been recognized as the 12th World Surfing Reserve, an international designation that celebrates areas with outstanding surfing waves and brings together the local community and experts to protect them. The area is home to iconic surf breaks such as Croyde, Saunton, Woolacombe, and Lynmouth.
The designation of North Devon as a World Surfing Reserve is a major victory for the local surfing community, who have been working for many years to protect their waves. The reserve will give the community a voice in decision-making processes that affect the surf ecosystem and the beaches, and will help to ensure that these world-class waves are protected for future generations.
The dedication of North Devon as a World Surfing Reserve was celebrated with a community-wide event that included surfing competitions, live music, and food and drink. The event was a great way to showcase the area's surfing culture and to celebrate the designation of North Devon as a World Surfing Reserve.
The designation of North Devon as a World Surfing Reserve is a significant achievement for the area and for the surfing community. It is a recognition of the area's outstanding surfing waves and its commitment to protecting them. The reserve will help to ensure that North Devon's waves are enjoyed by surfers for many years to come
Here are some additional details about the North Devon World Surfing Reserve:
- The reserve covers a 30-kilometer stretch of coastline, from Croyde to Lynmouth.
- The area includes a variety of surf breaks, catering to surfers of all skill levels.
- The reserve is home to a diverse range of marine life, including seals, dolphins, and seabirds.
- The reserve is also a popular destination for other outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, and fishing.
The North Devon World Surfing Reserve is a valuable asset to the local community and to the surfing world. The reserve helps to protect the area's outstanding surfing waves and its natural beauty, and it provides a place for people to enjoy the outdoors and connect with nature.
Boardmasters To Donate £100,000 To Local Charities
Vision Nine, the organizers of Cornwall's surf and music festival Boardmasters, have announced that they will be donating £105,000 to local Cornish charities. The money will be distributed to over 38 charities, beach clean groups, businesses, children's hospices, schools, surfing and sporting organizations, and community groups.
The Boardmasters Foundation was established in 2017 with the goal of giving back to the local community and supporting the culture and surrounding communities that are at the heart of the festival. The foundation raises money through a variety of initiatives, including ticket sales, merchandise sales, and donations.
This year, the Boardmasters Foundation will be donating money to a variety of organizations that are working to make a difference in the local community. Some of the recipients include:
- The Wave Project, a charity that provides surfing therapy to young people with disabilities
- The Newquay Surfing Academy, a non-profit organization that provides surfing lessons to children and young people
- The Cornwall Air Ambulance, a charity that provides air ambulance services to the people of Cornwall
- The Newquay Foodbank, a charity that provides food to people in need
- The Newquay Lions Club, a service club that works to improve the lives of people in Newquay
The Boardmasters Foundation is proud to support the work of these and other local organizations. The foundation believes that by giving back to the community, it can help to make Cornwall a better place for everyone.
Here are some additional details about the Boardmasters Foundation:
- The foundation was established in 2017 by Vision Nine, the organizers of Boardmasters.
- The foundation raises money through a variety of initiatives, including ticket sales, merchandise sales, and donations.
- The foundation donates money to a variety of organizations that are working to make a difference in the local community.
- The foundation is committed to supporting the culture and surrounding communities that are at the heart of Boardmasters.
The Boardmasters Foundation is a valuable asset to the local community. The foundation helps to support organizations that are working to improve the lives of people in Cornwall, and it provides a way for people to give back to the community that they love.